RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Easy Peasy Pizza Scrolls
- Frozen puff pastry sheet
- 2 Tomatoes
- 80 g Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Remove a sheet of puff pastry from the freezer and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut your tomatoes into quarters and remove the seeds. You can put the seeds in a container and add them to your next pasta sauce or pop them in the freezer.
- Finely chop your tomatoes and scatter over the pastry sheet, leaving a 1cm gap around the edge. Scatter the cheddar over the tomatoes, reserving a small amount. Wet your finger and run it along the farthest edge of the pastry, this will help the roll stick together.
- Lift the nearest edge of the pastry and start to roll up the pastry away from you. Use the plastic sheet which the pastry is on to help you roll. When you reach the end, press the roll down slightly to seal the edge. Pop the roll onto a baking sheet and put it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge. Take a sharp knife and cut the roll into 1cm slices. Lay them flat on a lined baking tray, in a cluster. Scatter the reserved cheese over the top of the scrolls.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 20-25 mins until they are golden brown and the pastry is cooked through.
- Cool and then store in an airtight container.
SHARE YOUR CREATION WITH US!