RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Roasted Pumpkin and Apple Soup w/ herby almond crumble
I love a simple soup and this is ridiculously easy to make. You roughly chop a bunch of veggies and roast them. In the meantime, you can watch an episode of your favourite show, bath the kids or whatever you like really. Then a quick blitz in the blender and dinner is served!
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 700 g Pumpkin, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 Apples, cut into wedges
- 1 Brown Onion, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and whole
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
Herby Almond Crumble
- 50 g Flaked Almonds
- A sprig of Rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan forced)
- Get a large baking tray and drizzle the base of the tray with the olive oil. Chop your vegetables and fruit and add to the tray. Using clean hands, toss everything so that it’s evenly coated in oil.
- Put into the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, get a small baking tray and scatter the almonds evenly, pop in the oven for 3 minutes and then check. You want the almonds to be golden brown. Be aware that nuts go from perfect to burnt in a heartbeat so if they’re not ready after 3 minutes, you’ll need to check them every minute until they’re perfect. Set a timer.
- Remove from the oven and give the vegetables a stir. Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Once your almonds have cooled a little, roughly chop them. Pull the rosemary leaves off the sprig and very finely chop them. Add your chopped almonds and rosemary to a small bowl and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Get a large food processor or jug blender and add all of your roasted vegetables, along with 2 cups of stock. Blend until silky smooth. Hot liquids can splatter so start your blender on the lowest setting. Once the soup is smooth, season with salt and pepper. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning. Serve hot, sprinkled with the herby almond crumble.
- You can double the recipe and freeze this in individual portions, then you can quickly defrost it for an easy weeknight dinner.
- This is great to make ahead and serve as an easy entree for a no fuss dinner party.
SHARE YOUR CREATION WITH US!