Orange and Olive Oil Cake
By Director – Josh Ball · · 2 min read
Orange and Olive Oil cake
- 1 tbsp freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 small eggs at room temperature
- 150 g caster sugar
- 125 g all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 125 ml olive oil
- 150 ml milk, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Pre-heat the oven to 190*C. Line your springform cake pans with parchment paper on the base + sides.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda, whisk to combine & set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the eggs, sugar & orange zest. Mix on high for 5 minutes until thick & fluffy. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and mix until it’s incorporated, then reduce the speed to low and slowly add the milk & orange juice. Add the flour mixture gradually and mix until everything is just combined- you’ll want to avoid over-mixing it here.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans, sprinkle with flaked almonds, and bake for 30-35 minutes (you’ll need to add an extra 10 minutes if baking one larger cake). The cake is done when the almonds are lightly golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. You may need to loosely lay a piece of foil over the top if it is browning too quickly.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes, before gently removing the cake from the pan. Cool completely on a baking rack before serving.
Check out all of our posts!
Cherry & Brie SaladBy Director - Josh Ball · Last updated Friday, 8 December 2023 · 3 min readCheck out all of our posts!<< Back to blog
Roast Veg & Halloumi SaladBy Director - Josh Ball · Last updated Friday, 1 December 2023 · 3 min readCheck out all of our posts!<< Back to blog
Cherry Clafoutis RecipeBy Director - Josh Ball · Last updated Friday, 124 November 2023 · 3 min readCheck out all of our posts!<< Back to blog