Farmers Pick’s Celeriac Soup
By Director – Josh Ball · · 3 min read
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 celeriac, peeled and diced
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley or any soft herb (for garnish)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add the most of the diced celeriac and chopped apples to the pot. Stir well and cook for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and add the dried thyme. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 25-30 minutes, or until the celeriac is tender.
- While the soup is simmering, preheat the oven to 200°C. Toss the remaining celeriac cubes with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper on a baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Once the soup has cooked and the vegetables are soft, use an immersion blender or transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor to puree until smooth and creamy. Be careful when blending hot liquids.
- Return the soup to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine.
- To serve, ladle the hot soup into bowls. Top each bowl with a sprinkle of roasted celeriac cubes and chopped fresh parsley.
Check out all of our posts!
Cherry & Brie SaladBy Director - Josh Ball · Last updated Friday, 8 December 2023 · 3 min readCheck out all of our posts!<< Back to blog
Roast Veg & Halloumi SaladBy Director - Josh Ball · Last updated Friday, 1 December 2023 · 3 min readCheck out all of our posts!<< Back to blog
Cherry Clafoutis RecipeBy Director - Josh Ball · Last updated Friday, 124 November 2023 · 3 min readCheck out all of our posts!<< Back to blog