RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Use it up Cherry Compote
We can all be guilty of buying too much around Christmas so let’s make sure we use it up. This simple cherry compote can be used as an ice cream topping, a sweet and fragrant addition to a pavlova,a syrup for crepes. You can even make it savoury by adding vinegar and serving it with sliced ham or seafood.
- 200 g Cherries, halved and pitted
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan. Put the saucepan over a high heat and bring to the boil. As soon as it’s boiling, reduce the heat to medium and set a timer for 10 minutes. Swirl the mixture in the pan every few minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the heat and set aside to cool. If you’re using it on something hot like crepes or pancakes, you can serve it immediately.
- Once the compote is cool, it’s perfect served over ice cream or on top of a pavlova.
- You can add a Tsp of vinegar to all the other ingredients and this becomes a great compote to serve with sliced ham, a charcuterie board or seafood.
- This compote will keep for 10 days in the fridge.
SHARE YOUR CREATION WITH US!