RECIPE OF THE WEEK
This classic Spanish dish has such simple ingredients but tastes super delicious. The sweet onions marry perfectly with the potato and eggs, turning this into a dish which tastes far superior to its humble ingredients.
- 8 Eggs
- Half a red onion
- 4 Small potatoes, sliced 4mm thick
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pour olive oil into a medium sized frying pan set over a medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft and slightly browned. Scrape the onions out of the pan, leaving the oil in the pan.
- In a medium saucepan, add the sliced potatoes and enough cold water to more than cover the potatoes. Bring to the boil and cook for 4-5 minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk your eggs together, add your salt, onions and potatoes and stir gently until combined.
- Put your frying pan on high heat and carefully pour the mixture into the pan. Immediately reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid or foil. If using foil, be sure to wear oven gloves when putting over the pan. Cook until set, this takes roughly 15 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat, place a plate over your pan, put your hand firmly on top of the plate, grasp the pan handle and flip the tortilla onto the plate.
- Serve with aioli and some lovely sea salt.
- Tortilla will keep refrigerated for up to 4 days.
- This is a great snack for lunch boxes or picnics.
SHARE YOUR CREATION WITH US!