RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Roasted Cauliflower with Cacio e Pepe Dressing
I adore Cauliflower Cheese and this is a simple and fast Anglo/Italian mash up. You have all the cheesy rich flavour with the sweet nuttiness of the roast cauliflower. Delicious and low maintenance, it’s my kind of food.
- 1 Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 100 g Sour Cream
- 40 g Finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Freshly ground Black Pepper
- 50 g Roasted Almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Grab a large bowl and drizzle the olive oil all over the inside of the bowl. Add your cauliflower and give it a really good mix so that it is well coated in oil. Lay the cauliflower florets flat in a large baking tray, season with salt and cook for 35 mins or until golden brown.
- Boil the kettle. Add the sour cream, finely grated parmesan and black pepper to a small bowl and mix thoroughly. The mixture will be quite thick, add 1-2 Tbsp of boiling water to thin the dressing out, it should be a thick salad dressing consistency.
- Find a nice plate and spread half the dressing across the base. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and lay the florets on the dressing. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the cauliflower, garnish with the almonds and some fresh herbs, if you have them. Season with salt and serve warm.
- This is an easy side dish for a dinner party as you can make the dressing ahead of time. You could even slice the cauliflower, pop it on the baking tray and leave in the fridge until you’re ready to cook it.
- The leftovers are a yummy packed lunch, you can roughly chop the cauliflower, toss with some grains and you have a hearty meal.
SHARE YOUR CREATION WITH US!