RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Mediterranean Zucchini and Olive Salad
This is a perfect summer dish, it’s light and fresh, with the olives giving a rich flavour. The fact that it’s super quick and easy to make is just a bonus.
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 100g Olives (choose your favourite variety)
- 1 Lemon, peel thick strips of rind with a peeler
- 4-5 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1 Long Red Chilli, seeds removed and quartered lengthways (optional)
- 1 Large Zucchini or 2 small, halved lengthways and sliced into 1 cm pieces
- Add the olive oil, olives, thyme, lemon and chilli to a large frying pan, put on the stove and cook on a very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut your zucchini in half lengthways and slice into 1 cm pieces.
- After 10 minutes, using a slotted spoon or small sieve, strain the aromatics and olives from the oil and set aside.
- Turn up the heat and let the oil come to a higher temperature, after a minute add the sliced zucchini. Cook on high for 2-3 minutes until the zucchini has some colour but is still firm. Turn off the heat, add the olives and aromatics back to the pan and toss to combine.
- Serve on a pretty platter or bowl. You can add fresh soft herbs like basil or parsley as a garnish.
- If you’re a cheese addict like me, this dish would be great with some crumbled feta or a heavy grating of parmesan.
- If there’s leftover oil in the pan once you’ve dished up, keep it and use it as the base for a quick salad dressing.
SHARE YOUR CREATION WITH US!