RECIPE OF THE WEEK
In the box salad w/ carrot and ginger dressing
This dressing is crazy simple and SO tasty! It takes minutes to make and is great to have around the house to liven up any salad. For this salad, you can grab whatever you like from your box and use it in your chopped salad. Trust your judgement and get creative. I’ll list what I included below but with no weights as you’ll make the salad depending on how many people you’re feeding.
- 100 g Peeled carrot, sliced
- 30 g Brown onion, roughly chopped
- 25 g Peeled ginger, sliced
- 60 g Rice Vinegar
- 30 g Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 90 g Neutral oil ( I used grapeseed but canola or vegetable oil would work too)
- Lettuce, chopped
- Cucumber, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Red cabbage, finely sliced
- Tomato, roughly chopped
- Carrot, grated
- Put your blender jug or food processor body onto your kitchen scales and weigh directly into it, this will save time and washing up. Weigh/measure all of your ingredients directly into it, with the exception of the neutral oil. Weigh the neutral oil into a small bowl or jug.
- When you have all the ingredients except for the neutral oil in your blender, blitz it up until you have a nice smooth consistency. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the oil as you would for a mayonnaise. This should take a minute or two.
- Taste the dressing and decide if it needs more salt or sweetness, or even a touch more vinegar. Trust your instincts and season to your personal taste.
- Get all your salad ingredients into a bowl or on a pretty plate. Dress generously with the carrot and ginger dressing. Eat and enjoy!
- If you don’t have rice vinegar, you can substitute with cider vinegar, white wine vinegar or white vinegar.
- This dressing keeps in the fridge for up to a week.
SHARE YOUR CREATION WITH US!