RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Garlic toasts with roast tomato and feta
These little toasts are perfect for entertaining. If you want to serve them as a canape, you could use a small baguette for the toast or even a melba toast if you’re short on time. These toasts would be perfect with fresh basil leaves, mint leaves or celery leaves. Mix it up and get creative!
- 3-4 Tomatoes
- 100 g Persian Feta (you can substitute for a different cheese)
- 4 Slices of sourdough or baguette
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Herbs or celery leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Slice your tomatoes into quarters and trim off the hard base of the stalk. Place cut side up on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Pop into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the tomatoes are roasting, drizzle 1 Tbsp of olive oil across a baking tray, lay your bread slices on the tray and move around gently to coat both sides of the bread. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the 15 minute timer goes off, add the bread to the oven and set timer for 10 minutes.
- Take the bread out and leave to cool slightly. Then rub the toasted bread with the garlic clove. Remove the roasted tomatoes from the oven and place on the toast. Scatter with feta and herbs. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
You can toast the bread ahead of time and store in an airtight container. You can also roast the tomatoes and store in the fridge. When you’re ready to serve, you can pop the tomato and feta on the toast and heat in a 180 degree oven. Then garnish with herbs and a drizzle of olive oil.
SHARE YOUR CREATION WITH US!