RECIPE OF THE WEEK
CREAMY & TANGY GUACAMOLE DIP
I remember my Mum serving half avocados filled with prawn cocktail when I was a child, it was the eighties after all. Back then, I didn’t understand the delights of avocado but luckily I learned the error of my ways. Guacamole is all I want in a dip, it’s light yet filling and has the beautiful tang of fresh lemon juice.
- 1 Lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 Red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dried Chilli
- 2 Avocados, halved and deseeded
- 1 tsp Coriander/Parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Grab yourself a medium mixing bowl, pour half of the lemon juice into the bowl. Add the onion, garlic and chilli and give it a little mix with a fork.
- Scoop the avocado flesh out with a dessert spoon and add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Grab your fork and smoosh it all together until you’ve reached the desired consistency. Some like it smooth, some like it chunky…
- Add your herbs and some salt.
- This is the important part, taste your guacamole and have a proper hard think about whether it’s awesome enough. It should be rich and creamy with a hearty tangy kick from the lemon. Add more lemon and salt to taste.
- Serve with carrot sticks, chips or whatever you fancy.
WE HAVE A BOX FOR YOU
Seasonal & sustainable produce, order when convenient, donate in the process.