RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Creamy leek and salmon traybake
The sweetness of roasted leeks pairs perfectly with salmon. This dish is essentially three simple steps and needs very little attention from the chef. It’s a real crowd pleaser and could easily be doubled if you have a lot of guests to feed.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Leek, halved and sliced into rounds
- 1/2 Brown Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 200 ml Thickened Cream
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 4 Salmon Portions, lightly oiled with olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Take a large deep sided baking dish, add the olive oil, leek, onion and garlic. Stir it all together so that it’s coated in oil. Season with a generous amount of salt and pepper and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Five minutes before the timer goes off, pop the cream, lemon zest and capers in a small saucepan and gently bring to a simmer over a medium heat. As soon as it starts to bubble, take it off the heat and set aside.
- When the timer goes off, remove the dish from the oven, pour the cream sauce all over the leek and onion mixture. Lay the salmon fillets on top of the vegetables and sauce. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on how you like your salmon cooked. If you like your salmon a little pink, check after 10 minutes. Use a small knife to check the colour of the thickest part of the salmon.
- Serve immediately with steamed vegetables or a fresh leaf salad.
This is a really quick and simple dish. You can even get your dish and veggies prepared and pop it in the fridge until you’re ready to start cooking. You could even infuse the cream ahead of time and then simply reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds before use.
SHARE YOUR CREATION WITH US!