RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Black bean, mango and mint chopped salad
This salad is so tasty, you’ll forget that it’s healthy. It’s packed full of flavour and will liven up any dinner table.
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Clove of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Long Red Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Tin of Black beans, strained and rinsed
- 1 Mango, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1/2 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1/2 Cucumber, diced
- 75 g Cheddar, cut into small cubes (optional)
- Large handful Fresh Mint, finely chopped (reserve a few leaves for garnish)
- Juice the lime into a small bowl, add the oil, spices, garlic and chilli. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Chop the mango, red onion, tomato, cucumber and cheddar.
- Take a large bowl and add the rinsed beans, add the vegetables which you just chopped, gently stir in the cheddar and mint.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- Heap the salad in a nice bowl and garnish with mint leaves.
SHARE YOUR CREATION WITH US!